You do not have permission to access this page when the server is busy!
Please upgrade your membership to support this community and unlock various special privileges like:
i made a simple script for starting, stopping and restarting multics with very important option for later "fail2ban" script that i am currently developing; and that is LOG OUTPUT TO A FILE...
the script itself is very simple, but it requires a little bit of your attention and editing...
here it goes:
1. download and extract attachment below, and send it to your server with Winscp, Filezilla or what ever SFTP client you are currently using, to
2.give it executing attributes (chmod it to 755)
3.open the script and edit the following lines according to your configuration:
# Location of MULTICS emu:
# EXACT name of MULTICS EMU (BINARY FILE):
# Location of MULTICS configuration file (multics.cfg); /var/etc by default):
# EXACT name of MULTICS configuration file (multics.cfg by default):
4. after finished editing, save changes and exit
5. stop your multics server manually as you did before
6. open terminal (putty) and execute the following command:
-you also have these options:
- if your configuration from the begining of the script is correct, you will have a logfile called multics.log on the same place where your multics.cfg is...
as i said before, this will be very important for those who want to use something like fail2ban which i am working on as we speak, but also for standard fail2ban that you can download directly from repos...
also very important:
if you want to use my script, and later on fail2ban script also, you should configure your boot sequence to start multics server also with this script...
so in /etc/rc.local add this:
if script is in /bin folder:
if script is in /usr/sbin folder:
Thanks to skyfly10
Last edited by RVP2013; 26th March 2013 at 06:50 PM.
thank your RVP2013
dream800 , 8000 , multics vps , carte csat via